More Information

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Boats and Books

Sometimes in life I leap with both feet into something, but begin to wonder "what I was thinking", when I find myself in the deep end. I definitely found myself in the deep end this week with school, but in the midst of it I enjoyed it:
Yesterday, I had a long day of studying and it continued into the evening when I met up with Ruslana to compare our assessments infants for class. I was anxious about the assignment; I was also anxious to go to bed because I had to get up for work in seven hours. Two hours later I had completed the assignment and started to walk out of the hospital. I realized I had enjoyed it: I had enjoyed the assignment; I had enjoyed piecing things together; I even didn't mind that I was leaving so late. I tell you this story, to illustrate even though I may have been in the deep end, this time I enjoyed it. Not only that, but I am happy that although I may have jumped into school, that I like it. I am excited about what I am learning and the new skills I am acquiring. I am happy to be in such a great field.

Katherine left me a cute note on my mirror encouraging me for school. She quoted Dory from Finding Nemo, as follows, "Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills (or she replaced it with Miss Giggles because my coping mechanism when I am overwhelmed has been to laugh about it). When life gets you down do you know what you've gotta do?...Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..." I loved that thought.
 
I had a dream  this week that I was driving the streets of Rexburg. However, instead of driving a car, I was driving a motor boat along the water filled streets. I had to be careful because there was a lot of debris (I guess the debris was from the flooding) and the water was rather shallow for a motor boat. I was afraid I would hit bottom and scratch up the motor.  It was quite enjoyable to carefully navigate the streets. So remember when your life feels flooded that there may be obstacles to avoid, but it can be a fun journey.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your boat dream was just that. Way to have a positive outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's an incredible coping mechanism. What better thing could there be than to laugh stress in the face!

    ReplyDelete